[Interest] QML Window doesn't refresh its contents using Qt 5.7 and AA_UseOpenGLES

Roberto Garrido robertogarridomartin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 19:02:21 CEST 2016

Hi all,
we are using OpenGL ES as renderer in the windows version of our app.
Setting "QCoreApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_UseOpenGLES)" on app launch
worked well until Qt 5.6, but with Qt 5.7 the contents of the window aren't
refreshed in real time.

I've recorded a couple of videos of the "Squircle" example for you to get
the idea about what's happening with this application attribute enabled:

With AA_UseOpenGLES enabled:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6132766/doesn%27tWork.flv
Without  AA_UseOpenGLES enabled:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6132766/works.flv

We have tried to filter all the resize events on the window and call
window->update() inside, but it doesn't make the window to update its
contents.

Any idea on how could we solve it?
Thanks in advance,
Robert.