[Interest] Qt-Installer / std::bad_array_new_length

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed Jun 29 19:10:37 CEST 2016

Am 29.06.2016 um 17:02 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> On quarta-feira, 29 de junho de 2016 08:57:21 PDT Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>> But when compiling by my own or using the system-provided Qt libs (e.g. from
>> openSUSE), those symbols are not available (tested with gcc 4.8,
>> clang-3.7). I already compared the prl files to see if there's a major
>> difference but without luck. So what do I miss here?
> It was probably built with a newer GCC than 4.8. Or older.

The std::bad_array_new_length was introduced after gcc 4.8. Therefore I
tested it with gcc 6.1 which has this exception in
/usr/include/c++/6/new. Also clang-3.7 also has this exception in it's
header but with both I don't get those symbols.
The problem is that someone created a library which is linked against
the libs from the qt installer but I won't use them if possible to not
get confused with the ones provided by the system...

Christian