[Interest] Nothing new in QtSerialBus in Qt 5.7 despite changelog?

Gdtheubi uidht digital1apocalypse at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:48:51 CEST 2016

I saw the announcement[1] today for Qt v5.7 and it mentioned the following:

"Finally, Qt 5.7 also includes a technology preview of the new Qt SerialBus
module that allows you to use Qt APIs for device bus communications and
protocols. It’s a generic API, but with this version it includes
implementations for CAN and Modbus."

But that was already included in v5.6. QtSerialBus module was already
introduced, and there already were CAN implementations like SocketCAN and
PeakCAN.

The code changelog[2] doesn't offer more information. The actual commits
seem to be only small bug fixes and improved documentation.

Am I misunderstanding? Has something functionally significant been changed
or added since v5.6?

[1] http://blog.qt.io/blog/2016/06/16/qt-5-7-released/

[2]
http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtserialbus.git/tree/dist/changes-5.7.0?h=5.7.0