[Interest] [OS X] maintaining a list of own WIds

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 20:06:47 CET 2016

John Weeks wrote:

> Which is complicated by Qt's insistence on creating the platform-specific
> thing (wID as NSView, HWND, etc.) only when the QWidget becomes visible.

That would mean I'd need to hook into platform-specific events.

> Or are you writing a plug-in using Qt that is to work with a non-Qt
> application?

Actually I'm messing around with an OS X backend/plugin for the KWindowSystem
KF5 framework.

> seems to indicate that you're not the only one that can't figure this out.

Indeed. Well, if I can't do this in event-driven way I can always fall back to
demand-driven if that doesn't lead to unreasonable overhead. As mentioned I
already have something that should work for when the plugin is loaded (should
meaning it's almost impossible to be sure it catches all WIds.

R.