[Interest] Enabling OpenSSL on a shared build of Qt

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Wed Mar 2 16:37:41 CET 2016

Hi,

I’m using Qt 5.5.1 clang_64 prebuilt package and it doesn’t seem to have OpenSSL support built in as I’m receiving this output.

From documentation I see that OpenSSL is enabled by default however it doesn’t seem to able to find it.

I’m even trying to additionally link ssl libraries to the app but it doesn’t seem to work either.

qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_set_psk_client_callback
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_server_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_server_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_select_next_proto
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_CTX_set_next_proto_select_cb
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated

How do I enable OpenSSL on a shared build of Qt?

Thanks,

Nuno