[Interest] Background Uploads in Android

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Wed Mar 2 20:56:39 CET 2016

So there seems to be some conflicting information out there about how to do this in Qt.
It seems that in 5.3, because the Qt thread as not the UI thread, everything worked. then in 5.4, that stopped working? This was supposed to be fixed in 5.5?  Anyhow, I'm working with 5.6 now. I have enough of a platform shim in place that I

I wrote a bunch of code that assumed that I'd be running any time. I've successfully locked the CPU awake and detected foreground/background switches, but it seems that once I get to Qt::ApplicationState(ApplicationSuspended) my app is unable to do anything.

Any help?