[Interest] QGraphicsWidget vs QGraphicsProxyWidget

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Tue Mar 8 22:22:59 CET 2016

I'm looking to add my own custom widget to a QGraphicsScene and I'm trying to understand which class is more appropriate for what I'm doing. I've read the documentation for both the QGraphicsProxyWidget and the QGraphicsWidget and I'm not seeing why I should prefer one over the other.

If it matters this is what I'm trying to do:
I'm trying to create a base class that lives on a QGraphicsScene (so some sort of descendent of a QGraphicsItem) that allows me to place existing widgets I have on a surface. The idea is that the user can then add/remove/rearrange/resize these widgets to customize their layout.

Sean