[Interest] Pyside - image file with certain file name won't compile via pyside-rcc

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Thu Mar 10 09:06:37 CET 2016

Hi guys, I posted this to the PySide mailing list as well as I'm getting
a bit desperate, so to anybody who has already seen this: sorry for the
double post!

This is with PySide 1.2.1 and Qt 4.8.5:

I have been seeing this issue for ages now and finally decided to try
and fix it, however, even after writing a tiny little test case I still
cannot get to the bottom of this, so I am hoping you guys can help:
pyside-rc refuses to compile an image file with a certain name and I
don't know why.
Here is the simple test case that reproduces the issue (all required
files are in the attached zip file):

I have a few icons like this:
../sandbox/resourceTest/icons/other.svg
../sandbox/resourceTest/icons/particles.svg
../sandbox/resourceTest/icons/presets.svg

I need to compile these icons into a resource module, so I have created
a resource.qrc file on the same level as the "icons" directory which
looks like this:
<RCC>
   <qresource>
     <file>icons/other.svg</file>
     <file>icons/particles.svg</file>
     <file>icons/presets.svg</file>
   </qresource>
</RCC>

I then compile the resource file with this command line:
pyside-rcc -o resources.py resources.qrc

To test the contents of the resource file I run the following test code
("qiteratorTest.py" in the zip):

from PySide import QtCore
import sys
import resources

it = QtCore.QDirIterator(':/icons',filter=QtCore.QDir.Files,
flags=QtCore.QDirIterator.Subdirectories)
while it.hasNext():
     info = it.fileInfo()
     print '{} exists: {}'.format(info.baseName(), info.exists())
     it.next()

The result is this:

      exists: False
    presets exists: True
    other exists: True

No matter what I do, I cannot get pyside to compile the file called
"particles.svg".
To make matters more interesting, I duplicated the same file and renamed
it to the above file names ("other.svg", "particles.svg" and
"presets.svg"). But I still get the same result, so it's clearly not
related to the file itself, but it's name.

I have been struggling with this problem for ages now. If anybody has
any ideas, I would be very, very grateful!

Cheers,
frank

--
ohufxLogo 50x50 <http://www.ohufx.com> 	*vfx compositing