[Interest] How to properly delete qApp?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:20:07 CET 2016

On 16/03/16 16:12, Jan Kundrát wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 March 2016 15:07:30 CET, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>>       QApplication app = new QApplication(/* ... */);
>>       app->exec();
>>       delete app;
>
> There's no point to use heap allocation in this context. You can simply
> create a QApplication instance on stack in your main.

Indeed. But I needed an example with a pointer. If you use a stack
object, you'd obviously never have the problem of deleting it to begin
with :-)

The point is, you *do* delete qApp *if* it's on the heap, but most
people who do have qApp on the heap don't bother with delete, since the
process exits anyway. Since in the OP's case the process doesn't exit,
qApp should actually be deleted.