[Interest] [OS X] Qt 5.6.0 minimal build configuration (error compiling qlatincodec.cpp)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 17:49:57 CET 2016

On Thursday March 17 2016 17:14:45 Samuel Gaist wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Looks like it's not using
>
> QMAKE_CXXFLAGS    += -stdlib=libc++
> QMAKE_LFLAGS      += -stdlib=libc++
>
> However, why, I don't know.

Good eye, that's it! At least the compile command cited completes OK with that additional option.

Why ... maybe something/someone somewhere considered that the option should be redundant, and maybe it is on later OS X versions (as indeed it should).

I'll experiment some more (including with a bone stock qtbase) and see if I can trace this to a difference somewhere in the mkspecs files.

Thanks,
René