[Interest] Can't login to bugreports.qt.io / OpenGL bug

Yves Bailly Yves.Bailly at verosoftware.com
Wed Mar 23 10:47:35 CET 2016

> > And just in case, here's the bug:
> > - Download and install Qt 5.6.0 for Windows, 64bits, Visual 2013
> > - Open \5.6\Src\qtbase\examples\opengl\qopenglwidget\
> > qopenglwidget.pro example in QtCreator
>  - Build, run: fine.
> > - Set the screen colors to 65536 (16bits), from
> > "Display/Resolution/Advanced" monitor property.
>  - Build, run: crash.
> > Tested in Windows 7, 64bits, GPU nVidia Quadro K2000. In can give a
> > call stack is needed.
>
> The example requests a 32-bit RGBA default framebuffer. System can't
> provide it as you set it to 16-bit colour. Example doesn't check for
> this case. Boom.
>
> 1) Change system back to 32-bit color (24-bit RGB)
> 2) Change example to request 16-bit framebuffer.

Actually I didn't find any request for 32-bit RGBA in the example... Neither in the doc about QPainter, QOpenGLWidget nor QOpenGLWindow. Unless I missed something?

Just in case, I removed the format request in the main(): so basically now I get whatever the OS will give me by default.

But it still crashes...

Also I may not have the hand on the machine running the program - it may be a customer's machine far, far away in a distant... well you get the idea.

Regards,