[Interest] Amharic character support?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Thu Mar 24 19:44:19 CET 2016

> On quinta-feira, 24 de março de 2016 17:41:30 PDT Jason H wrote:
> > Amharic (Ethiopian) is giving me some trouble. All the other languages are
> > fine. What do I need to do get Amharic characters showing? They are
> > rendered as boxes.
>
> How are you sure you have a font with those characters? Are you sure you're
> using that font?

I'm not sure at all. I'm using Monserrat, which is a google font, which works for every language I have except that one. But somehow my browser can display it. I copied the text out of chrome and plopped it in.

	property var nativeLanguages: {
		'english' : 'english',  // ok
		'amharic' : 'አማርኛ', // not ok, except in chrome
		'arabic' : 'عربي عربى', // ok
		'burmese' : 'မြန်မာစကာ',// ok
		'french' : 'français',// ok
		'kinyarwanda' : 'kinyarwanda',// ok