[Interest] Freetype and color fonts

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Fri Mar 25 17:52:54 CET 2016

On Friday 25 March 2016, Illogica Studio wrote:
> bump
>
> Maybe I'm saying something incredibly stupid here? Please feel free to let
> me know!

I don't think the Qt freetype backend have had color font support added yet.
Qt itself does have it, since it was implemented for the Cocoa backend, but it
hasn't been added to the freetype fontengine.

If you want to have a go at it, I would suggest looking in qfontengine_ft.cpp
and add handling of FT_PIXEL_MODE_BGRA

The basics should be simple enough. But keep in mind you also need to ensure
the glyph backing store to also use the right format (Format_ARGB).

`Allan