[Interest] [Qt3D] Crash when trying to update a geometry

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 00:43:16 CEST 2016

No I didn't but I will. Like you thought it's not an easy change because we
still fix/update our engine, for the moment qt3d is a long term project and
I have to do modifications with care to be able to merge them on my qt3d
branch.

Removing those lines is one of things that made us choosing qt3d to replace
our 3D engine, that can be hard to keep sync with Qt updates (that we use
for QML right now).

Thank you for your help.

:

> From someone who has no idea: Have you tried commenting out those lines to
> find out whether that is the reason or not? (Unless, of course, other code
> of yours will fail if you do)

>> May it come from the fact that we force Qt to use OpenGL and remove
>> multi-threaded scene graph?
>>
>> qputenv("QML_FORCE_THREADED_RENDERER", "0");
>>
>> qputenv("QML_BAD_GUI_RENDER_LOOP", "1");
>>
>> qputenv("QSG_RENDER_LOOP", "basic");
>>

>> QGuiApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_UseDesktopOpenGL, true);

>>> I am getting curious errors in the console :
>>>
>>> ASSERT failure in QVector<T>::at: "index out of range", file c:\Users\qt\work\install\include/QtCore/qvector.h,
>>> line 419
>>>
>>> ASSERT failure in QVector<T>::at: "index out of range", file c:\Users\qt\work\install\include/QtCore/qvector.h,
>>> line 419
>>>
>>> ASSERT failure in QVector<T>::at: "index out of range", file c:\Users\qt\work\install\include/QtCore/qvector.h,
>>> line 419
>>>
>>> ASSERT failure in QVector<T>::at: "index out of range", file c:\Users\qt\work\install\include/QtCore/qvector.h,
>>> line 419
>>>
>>> Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function.
>>>
>>> Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function.
>>>
>>> Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function.
>>>
>>> Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function.
>>>
>>> Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function.
>>>
>>> Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function.
>>>
>>> Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function.
>>>
>>> Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function.

>>> --
>>> Xavier
>>>

>> --
>> Xavier