[Interest] Sending QCamera video over network

Ruan leitão ruanrln at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 23:32:12 CEST 2016

Hi guys,
I already have an application using DirectShow to capture video, FFMPEG to
encode it and winSockets to send it over network, I receive this video in
other pc to decode and show it.

I think that with QT Multimedia module I can do it in a better (and maybe
cross platform) way.

My initial idea is to extend the *QAbstractVideoSurface *class and
overwrite the present method to to present AND send the frame to a queue in
another thread to encode and and over network, and I'll need to create a
mode to receive this video in other PC using a QCamera like class.

I think that a better way is to modify the class that do the capture of the
video to make it to feed 2 queues (one for video surface and another to
enconding), anyone knows a way to do that? And a good way to receive and
show the video in the other PC?

Regards,
Ruan L. Nunes
--