[Interest] Disabling signal connections for an item and its children

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Sat May 7 11:32:44 CEST 2016

Hi all,

In a fullscreen page-based embedded QML app (HMI), I find myself often
wanting to disable all signal connections when the page is not active
(on top of stack).

I found this 5 year old bug:

    https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-18245

I think Daniel's analysis in the comments is very good.

I just wanted to ask, since it's such an old bug and much may have
happened: Is there any way to achieve this currently?

In my case, many of my pages react to backend (hardware) events in
various ways, and it's tedious and error prone to always have to make
sure I set the `target` of my Connections to null when the page is not
active, to avoid unwanted reactions to signals.

The bug is also about the disabling of property bindings and
animations, which I guess is also a valid point, though not so much
for me at the moment.

Cheers,
Elvis