[Interest] .pc file generation

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat May 7 16:40:32 CEST 2016

Hi,

Re: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/140954/

Is the justification for omitting .pc files still relevant that "frameworks are currently broken anyway"? They don't appear to be, but omitting pkg-config files for them makes it impossible to build all dependent software that uses pkg-config for finding Qt5. Example: poppler's Qt5 wrapper.

I think that's not really acceptable, especially since they again install just fine after applying the reverse patch (https://github.com/Homebrew/legacy-homebrew/commit/620baaf10c957875d9d2b958343456f0d35d15fc).

Are there plans to address this issue, or should I file a bug report?

R.