[Interest] Is there any plan to make property binding working in C++?

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Sun May 8 22:06:52 CEST 2016

Hi,

Firstly I have to thank every contributors of Qt particularly mens from
KDAB for such great things as QML and Qt3D.

With QML I learn the property binding paradigm, which is a really big thing
that can help to solve a lot of complex problems, but I think that it is
not enough known.

I really think that it can be used in many places where we didn't suspect,
with a coworker we have implemented the property binding in the C++ side of
our application to solve many bugs we have without our previous system
based on updates and listeners.
The main issue is that we have a lot of different object with dynamical
dependencies, so we had computations made many times just to be sure that
values were correctly updated, and bugs because we are missed some updates
and conditions,...

But migrating to property binding, help us to solve missing conditions and
computations are now done once every time. The system is easy to debug and
performances can be improved by choosing correctly the dependencies in the
bindings.
An other great point for us is that now we are able to add new features
without risk to break others.

That why I think that it could be interesting for Qt to expose an API of
property with binding.

--
Xavier