[Interest] [Qt3D] Crash when using an empty vertex buffer

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Tue May 10 11:27:01 CEST 2016

I am creating dynamic geometries and at some moment a geometry can be
empty, that cause a crash.

I think that it would be nice if the renderer was safer and avoid the draw
call of empty geometries. It's like new and delete that manage correctly
the allocation of 0 bytes.
Else I'll have to manage the visibility of elements in a particular way.

Maybe it's not related but I am getting those errors :
ASSERT failure in QVector<T>::at: "index out of range", file
c:\Users\qt\work\install\include/QtCore/qvector.h, line 419
I can't figure out from what it come from, if it's due to a geometry I need
more informations.

--
Xavier