[Interest] Failed to install Qt 5.6.0 on a headless server via install script

Roland Winklmeier roland.m.winklmeier at gmail.com
Tue May 10 11:44:18 CEST 2016

Dear List,

today I was trying to install Qt 5.6.0 on a headless Debian Jessie. I have
ssh access only and no X11 server is running. From what I learned in the
mailing list, this should be possible via scripts.

Find attached the script, I was using. It works perfectly fine, until it
calls
"/Tools/QtCreator/libexec/qtcreator/sdktool"
which aborts with
"error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory".

I was trying to pass the installer a platform argument
./qt.run -platform minimal --script qt-installer-noninteractive.qs
but the installer says, neither "-platform" nor "--platform" is a supported
argument. Am I doing something wrong? I want to avoid installing any GL
libraries on that server.

Any ideas are welcome.

Cheers Roland