[Interest] qt.labs.controls - Flickable - Pane - Label: max width problem

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Wed May 11 21:41:20 CEST 2016

Qt 5.7 Beta, Android 6.0.1, BlackBerry PRIV

qt.labs.controls, Material

Given this (simplified) code:

ApplicationWindow {
    Flickable {
        contentHeight: root.implicitHeight
        anchors.fill: parent
        Pane {
            id: root
            anchors.fill: parent
            ColumnLayout {
                anchors.right: parent.right
                anchors.left: parent.left
                // some controls
                Label {
                    Layout.maximumWidth: parent.width
                    text: "Display4: 112 px"
                    font.pixelSize: 112
                    opacity: 0.54
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

ApplicationWindow covers the complete screen of my android device.

I need a flickable Pane containing a ColumnLayout to resize controls if
orientation changes.

All worked OK.

Then I added some Label for the different Font Sizes from Google Material

The text of Label for Display 4 with 112 px doesn't fit into screen
size. Instead of cutting the text, Qt resizes to a width where the Label
fits.

Side effect: all other UI Controls placed at the right side weren't
visible anymore.

Adding wrapMode WordWrap didn't help.

Only workaround helping was to add Layout.maximumWidth: parent.width to
all Label controls where the text is out of bounderies.

Then Text outside was "cut" or if using WordWrap goes into the next line.

-------

Did I something wrong, is this expected behaviour or should I open a
bugreport ?

ekke