[Interest] Device list for Qt installation

Maurice Kalinowski Maurice.Kalinowski at qt.io
Fri May 13 08:51:15 CEST 2016

Hi,

You assumption is correct.
We did not name "WinRT armv7 (MSVC2015)" Windows 10 Mobile, as it can also be used for Windows 10 IoT Core. It really depends on your target, but the API-set is still the same.

In case you want to use emulators for Windows 10 Mobile, you will need "WinRT x86 (MSVC2015)" to verify your app against multiple resolutions etc.

Generally Microsoft made it pretty clear that anything using VS2013 targets Windows (Phone) 8.1 and VS2015 targets Windows 10 (Mobile/IoT) app development. Mixing those is not recommended.

Maurice