[Interest] Setting socket options for QWebSocketServer

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Fri May 13 19:18:09 CEST 2016

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a way to control the socket options used for the listening
> socket of a QWebSocketServer.
>
> Is there really no way of doing this short of setting up a native socket
> myself and passing it to setSocketDescriptor? The option I wish to set is
> SO_REUSEADDR in UNIX terms, so I want the equivalent of
> QAbstractSocket::ReuseAddressHint but for QWebSocketServer.

I just realized this is the default behavior of QTcpSocket, which
QWebSocketServer uses, on UNIX / OS X. So not that urgent anymore :)

Would still be interested in an answer of course, but it seems it's
not possible to control the socket options of the listening sockets
underneath the *Server classes in Qt?

Elvis