[Interest] qsTr in components

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Mon May 23 15:14:34 CEST 2016

> Sent: Monday, May 23, 2016 at 8:31 AM
> From: "Kristoffersen, Even (NO14)" <Even.Kristoffersen at Honeywell.com>
> To: "interest at qt-project.org" <interest at qt-project.org>
> Subject: [Interest] qsTr in components
>
> Hello all,
>
> I've played around a bit with an approach inspired by http://wiki.qt.io/How_to_do_dynamic_translation_in_QML .

If you are following along, the example a few months ago, it works. I'm using it, and in components too.

You need to add a C++ object, and expose it to QML.

it has a proeprty: Q_PROPERTY(QString null READ getNull NOTIFY languageChanged )
signals:
	void languageChanged(QString language);

When you change the language, you emit that signal, that causes the re-evaluation of all string with the langMgr.null added.