[Interest] QDBusConnection::sessionBus() : caching required?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue May 31 23:12:15 CEST 2016

Thiago Macieira wrote:

>> It's not correct practice.
>>
>> The problem is attempting to use QtDBus during global destruction.
>> Apparently QtDBus has already destroyed its internals.
>>
>> I can add a few protections for that.
>
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/161056

Ah, thanks for the quick reaction. I'll test your patch tomorrow.

Using QtDBus during global destruction aside, can one use
QDbusConnection::sessionBus() multiple times or will that create so many
connections to the session bus? The documentation doesn't seem to make that
explicit, and your answer above could also apply only to using the method during
global take-down.

R.