[Interest] Debugging the Qt Source on Android Device with the QtSDK installation in QtCreator

Alexandre Pretyman alexandre.pretyman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 14:58:00 CET 2016

Hi all,

Is it possible to use the Qt installed by QtSDK for Android to debug Qt's
sources in QtCreator? Or I really have to build Qt from sources in debug
mode?

If it is possible, then how?

My setup is:
OSX 10.11
QtSDK 5.7 for Android installed with sources
QtCreator 4.1 installed standalone

I see that the *.so files for Android are not stripped and contain some
debugging information.

I found some forum posts such as:
https://forum.qt.io/topic/5698/qt-creator-view-and-debug-into-qt-sources/16
<- this teaches to map a source path to a destination path however I am not
able to find out the original source path to be mapped to the source
directory on my drive.

Any guidance will be much appreciated, sorry if this has come up before,
but I have not found it in the mailing list logs.

Best regards,

--
Alexandre Pretyman