[Interest] How to get all MapItems in a given region?

Tue Nov 8 08:40:41 CET 2016

I could not find any API for this... I want to be able to get a list of all the
mapitems on a map that have coordinates that lie within a given (rectangular)
region. What is the best way to do this?

The only way I see right now is to iterate all the items returned by the
mapItems() API and check if each one has coordinates that lie within my region
of interest. Depending on the total number of mapItems present on the map,
this may be very inefficient. Hence the question.
--
Cheers!
Kishore