[Interest] [PROGRESS] Long pause with 5.7

william.crocker at analog.com william.crocker at analog.com
Tue Nov 8 16:01:52 CET 2016

On 11/08/2016 09:45 AM, Michael Sué wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>        qApp->processEvents(QEventLoop::ExcludeUserInputEvents,5000);
>
> Your processEvents call timeouts after 5 secs, and you wait for 5 secs, at least sometimes. How about reducing it to 1 sec
> then, as you think it has nothing to do, anyway, and probably only waiting 1 sec (sometimes).

I assume the call has something to do (sync window size and location requests
with the X server),
I just don't think that takes the full 5 seconds. Yet the call blocks for the
full 5 seconds,
SOMETIMES, even though I believe it has run out of events to process.

This is somewhat of hack in the max time out (5 secs.)

But, if there *IS* something to do (sync), and I do not give it enough time,
then the new bug will be that my app only restores window size and location
SOMETIMES, because processEvents was not given enough time.

Bill.

Oh, and I never did apologize that this email
thread has nothing to do with QML or OpenGL.     ;-)