[Interest] [PROGRESS] Long pause with 5.7

william.crocker at analog.com william.crocker at analog.com
Tue Nov 8 16:21:47 CET 2016

On 11/08/2016 10:00 AM, Michael Sué wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>        BaseClass::show();
>>        qApp->flush();
>>
>>        // It appears that with Qt 5.7, SOMETIMES, this call to processEvents waits
>>        // for the full 5 secs though I do not believe there is anything to do.
>>        qApp->processEvents(QEventLoop::ExcludeUserInputEvents,5000);
>>
>>        if( sz.width() > 0 && sz.height() > 0 ) {
>>            resize(sz);
>>            move(pos);
>>        }
>>
>>        raise();
>
> Are the calls to qApp->flush() and processEvents necessary at all? I mean today, maybe you inserted them some major versions back in time, and never tried again without them after that.

I am porting from Qt 4.8.6 to 5.7 (2X)
I am porting from RHEL 5 to 6 (2X)
My app runs in an X11 environment where the users gets to choose her window
manager. (~3X)
They might be running through VNC or NX (2X)
I also run on Windows (+1)

     (2 x 2 x 3 * 2) + 1 = 25.

Can anyone guarantee that I no longer need to call flush() and processEvents()
under all 25 conditions. Even if it tests out, we have seen there is a
certain degree of unpredictability. So, even if it works, I can not be sure why
it works.

FWIW: I just commented out flush(), processEvents() and it worked fine,
       but I think it is just toying with me.

Bill