[Interest] Input method support in Qt 5

Dominik Wezel dom at qvasartech.com
Sun Nov 6 13:58:11 CET 2016

Hi Sérgio and André

Thanks for your replies, which both pointed out that the proposal has
not died but rather got a new number.

But why was it never implemented?  Or does it need to be activated in a
particular way? None of the suggested integrations of the Compose key
file works out of the box in my KDE setup.  I'm not using Ubuntu, but
Gentoo Linux … but this should not be a distro specific feature anyway.

Thanks for your further investigation!

Dominik

PS: When we get the thing fixed finally, I know of at least two other
guys which would want to know about that, because they are still working
on KDE 4 due to loss of compose keys … maybe there are quite a few
people out there waiting for it --- so we might publicly advertise the
change after we fixed it.  I offer myself as a tester.