[Interest] Xcode entitlements

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri Nov 11 16:07:28 CET 2016

I have an app that uses push notifications. When I opened the project, under Capabilities, the push notification toggle was "OFF" despite it being previously having been "ON".  I think this is related to the app.entitlements file in the build directory (created by Qt) next to the app.xcodeproj file. I had already completed the two steps - "Add p.n. feature to app id" and "Add p.n. entitlement to entitlements file" so this most recent time I just had to toggle it.

My question is how do I manage* the app.entitlements file and ensure that the toggle is always on for this app? I don't know what turned it off. The previous testflight build that was produced was properly configured, but the most recent one needed me to manually toggle this (I got an "App has one or more issues" message from the app store, that's how I found out how this changed)

*By manage I mean what do I need to add to the .pro, and what needs to be checked in to the code repo?