[Interest] [PROGRESS] Long pause with 5.7

william.crocker at analog.com william.crocker at analog.com
Tue Nov 15 01:15:46 CET 2016

> Perhaps I'm missing something, but why not skip the processEvents call
> altogether and just queue an event to do the resizing later?
> E.g:
>
> void MyApp::show()
> {
>      // The lambda is just quickest to write, you can use a private slot as well.
>      QTimer::singleShot(0, [sz, pos] () -> void  {
>          if (sz.width() > 0 && sz.height() > 0)  {
>              resize(sz);
>              move(pos);
>          }
> }

- Restoring window locations to where the user left them...
   Just one of a dozen behaviors of a good application
   which is not implemented well (if at all) by Qt and,
   therefore, has to be implemented by the developer.

   Calling sync() works for now and the doc says all the right things.
   I will use that solution until I find out what is wrong with it.

   This search has been going on since I started using Qt 12 years ago.

Bill