[Interest] The Android virtual keyboard pushes my main window off the screen

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 01:13:59 CET 2016

On 11/14/2016 08:51 PM, Jason H wrote:

>> How can I keep that from happening? The application becomes useless
>> if you can't see it on the screen :-/ It seems there's something I
>> need to do when the device changes orientation? But I don't know
>> what.
>
> I'm having similar, but different issues. I'm going to have to get
> back to you. I've got a release coming up, but maybe others can chime
> in with their keyboard experiences??

Alright. I did lots of experimenting with this, and I think the issue is
that you can't call qApp->inputMethod()->show() from wherever you want.
In my case, the call has to come from the widget that deals with output,
not from the widget that deals with input.

In my case, I have a custom QScrollArea widget which implements the
input. It manages a custom QWidget which does the painting. When I moved
the qApp->inputMethod()->show() call to the painter widget, the problem
was fixed.

I have no idea why that is though.