[Interest] Send an email with attachment

Charles-Elie Gentil mail at jiyuusoft.net
Wed Nov 16 07:01:38 CET 2016

Hello,

Since my application, I want to send an email with an attachment. I know this is impossible with "mailto". In fact, I would like to do like the "Send by mail" options of Word, LibreOffice or Calligra. So I looked at the Calligra source code and it seems to use the ShellExecuteW command (in KToolInvocation::invokMailer), but I can not make it work.

Do you think it's possible to do the same for the desktop version of my application (MacOS, Win)? For Android, I think using Qt Android Extra. Or create a .eml ou .msg file, ready to send ?

What do you think ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Charlie