[Interest] [Qt3D] Retrieve fbo texture and buffer

Juan Jose Casafranca jjcasmar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 20:53:33 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm using Qt3D to launch some computations which are performed in a shader.
In particular, I'm trying to read a voronoi diagram describe by an image
that is send to the shader as a texture, check the pixels where the voronoi
cell changed (using a gradient on the texture image) and paint 1 in those
pixels and 0 in the others. Also, I will be writing in a buffer which
voronoi cells are connected to each other (in order to obtain an adjacency
matrix).

Therefore, the results of this computations are an image and a buffer data.

To do this, I'm creating a framegraph which creates a render target with an
Qt3DRender::QTexture2D output, and a material to load the input textures.
In the scene I'm also adding a QFrameAction to get a signal when the frame
is finished and retrieve the output image and the buffer data.

I'm not sure how to retrieve this data using the Qt3D methods. Any idea?

I'm using Qt 5.8.

Thanks