[Interest] [5.8] how to use qml caching?

Shawn Rutledge Shawn.Rutledge at qt.io
Tue Nov 22 10:09:54 CET 2016

> On 11 Nov 2016, at 10:53, Tim Blechmann <tim at klingt.org> wrote:
>
> hi all,
>
> i've read a lot about qml caching in qt-5.8. however i didn't find any
> documentation on how to use it.
>
> is there any documentation on how we can use it from a cmake
> buildsystem? i suppose somehow the qrc files need to be pre-processed to
> generate the qmlc/jsc files?

They are created when you run the application.  It’s analogous to Python’s pyc files: just a cache of the compiled source file, which will make it load faster the second time.  On different OSes there are different storage locations.

The Qt commercial compiler is different - in that case you do pre-compile.

(Disclaimer: I’m telling what I remember from this session:  https://conf.qtcon.org/en/qtcon/public/events/430 and I don’t think there is video from that one)