[Interest] Slow graphics effect (due to _dl_resolve_runtime_avx)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Nov 25 23:57:45 CET 2016

On sábado, 26 de novembro de 2016 11:37:39 PST Ch'Gans wrote:
> I have run valgrind function profiler here, and it seems that my app
> spend most of it's time in:
> - QApplication::exec()/QGuiApplication::exec()
> - _dl_runtime_resolv_avx/_dl_runtime_resolve_avx'2

That's a useless result. Your tool is telling you not the proper time of each
function, but the aggregate time of that function and everything it called.

It's like saying that your application spends most of its time in main. We
knew that... Drill down and find out what's happening. Very likely, the effect
you turned on is too slow for your CPU or GPU, or in combination with some
other system-dependent use.