[Interest] QVariant, enums and gcc (Qt 5.5 vs 5.6 vs 5.7)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Nov 26 19:40:19 CET 2016

On sábado, 26 de novembro de 2016 21:58:03 PST Ch'Gans wrote:
> So my code is build using the same gcc, but behave differently
> depending on the qt libraries (qt-5.6-official gives different result
> than qt-6.6-ubuntu).
> And more disturbing, linking against qt-5.5-official gives different
> behaviour than when linking against qt-5.6-official...

Of course. There's a new feature in QVariant and the metatype system relating
to enums. So it's going to work on the newer versions but not on older ones.

That said, the information I can find indicates the feature was introduced in
5.5. So it should have worked on all of your tests. Conclusion: the problem is
not where you're looking.

Please attach a simple[*] testcase so we can investigate further.

[*] simple is: a single .cpp file, less than 200 lines of code, that compiles
and is self-sufficient. No need to attach the .pro file.