[Interest] QVariant, enums and gcc (Qt 5.5 vs 5.6 vs 5.7)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Nov 27 04:18:49 CET 2016

On domingo, 27 de novembro de 2016 14:32:20 PST Ch'Gans wrote:
> Output with KUbuntu  16.10, Qt 5.6:
> Data changed QVariant(int, 2) Qt::CheckState(Unchecked)
> Data changed QVariant(int, 0) Qt::CheckState(Unchecked)
>
> Output with Official Qt 5.5 for Linux:
> Data changed QVariant(int, 2) Qt::CheckState(Unchecked)
> Data changed QVariant(int, 0) Qt::CheckState(Unchecked)
>
> Output with Official Qt 5.6 for Linux:
> Data changed QVariant(int, 2) Qt::CheckState(Checked)
> Data changed QVariant(int, 0) Qt::CheckState(Unchecked)
>
> Output with Official Qt 5.7 for Linux:
> Data changed QVariant(int, 2) Qt::CheckState(Checked)
> Data changed QVariant(int, 0) Qt::CheckState(Unchecked)

I'm sorry, but the output shows that it is working as expected in the versions
that matter. That is to say: 5.5 doesn't matter and I can't explain why the
Kubuntu's build doesn't work.

The code in qvariant.h dealing with this code is a template mess I won't
touch, so I can't tell why the cast may or may not work. Sorry.