[Interest] Qt containers deprecated with 5.0?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 20:16:06 CET 2016

On 11/27/2016 07:32 PM, Bob Hood wrote:
> My question is:  Were Qt containers also deprecated along
> with Qt algorithms starting with Qt 5.0?  Or put another way, should new
> code based on the Qt5 series avoid using Qt-specific containers now?

Qt containers are not deprecated. But we don't know if they are going to
be deprecated in a future new major version of Qt (like 6.0).

Using standard containers means you don't have to care whether Qt
containers are going to be phased out at some point or not. Also,
standard containers play well with the rest of the standard library and
will continue to do so with upcoming standard features (like ranges and
concepts.)

The advise to use standard containers sounds pretty solid to me, even if
Qt containers are not deprecated.