[Interest] License regarding question

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Tue Nov 29 12:11:24 CET 2016

29.11.2016, 13:45, "Jake Petroules" <jake.petroules at qt.io>:
>>  On Nov 29, 2016, at 2:42 AM, Alexander Dyagilev <alervdvcw at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Hello,
>>
>>  We use Qt under LGPL license.
>>
>>  We have found some problem in it (bug working with HTTPS on limited connection speed) and fixed it. We have recompiled Qt then.
>>
>>  What do we must to do next to obey the license terms?
>>
>>  Publish the changes somewhere?
>
> Yes, you should publish the changes to Qt code review so that we can integrate the fix back into Qt.
>
> https://wiki.qt.io/Contribute

While that would certainly be welcome, it has nothing to do with compliance
to LGPL terms

For the latter you should read license text. Note that all obligations that LGPL
puts on you are tied to distribution of your works derived from Qt, e.g. if you use
it in house you have no obligations, and if you ship them only to a few customers,
your obligations are limited to those customers.

Also note that terms are different depending on LGPL version: Qt 5.6 uses LGPL 2 for
most modules, and Qt >= 5.7 uses LGPL 3.

--
Regards,
Konstantin