[Interest] Odd Proxy Behavior

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Nov 30 01:33:43 CET 2016

On terça-feira, 29 de novembro de 2016 09:34:32 PST Jason Kretzer wrote:
>     if(listOfProxies.size() > 0) {
>         QNetworkProxy::setApplicationProxy(listOfProxies[0]);
>     } else {
>         QNetworkProxyFactory::setUseSystemConfiguration(true);
>     }

Why this if? Why not always tell it to use the system configuration?

> The device this runs on is on a client’s network and I have no access to
> anything other than the device.  I have requested that the client change
> the proxy hostname to the ip address or fqdn but I am not sure whether that
> will help.

Please try each of the following:
 1) both HTTP and HTTPS URLs
 2) turn off the Caching feature of the proxy and setApplicationProxy
 3) use QTcpSocket to open a connection to somewhere, on both ports 80 and 443

My guess: you forgot to deploy the OpenSSL libs.