[Interest] What don't you like about Qt?

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 4 16:28:40 CEST 2016

On 10/4/2016 8:03 AM, Jason H wrote:
> I think the bigger issue, that many people have expressed here, but not said as such, is the Qt release cycle is not Agile. As more teams adopt Agile development practices...

http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/agile-dead-matthew-kern

Like Spiral from whence it sprung, I think Agile works wonderfully in certain
project profiles.  However, not everybody drinks the all-Agile-all-the-time
Kool-Aid®.  Contrary to popular religion, Agile is not the savior of the
industry. It's another tool in the toolbox, not a replacement for all the
other tools, and savvy project managers still apply the development
methodology (Spiral, Agile, Waterfall, etc.) or hybrid -- e.g., Waterfall
mixed with Agile elements -- that makes the most sense for the success of a
project.  Just applying full Agile without considering the characteristics of
the project and its intended result is absolutely not a guarantee of success.

(No intention to hijack the thread.)