[Interest] Recipes to build static lib version Qt 5.6 LTS for iOS ?

Eddie Sutton eddie.of.the.spam at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 23:04:43 CEST 2016

In order avoid work porting to the Objective C equivalents I am considering building a Qt static lib for iOS and reuse my C++ code in a *.mm file.

Can anyone point me to a script or recipe that clones the Qt 5.6 LTS code and builds a static lib version of Qt?

Something like this?

git clone https://git.gitorious.org/qt/qt5.git qt5-6
git checkout 5.6
cd qt5-6
perl init-repository

mkdir ${shadowBuildFolder}
cd ${shadowBuildFolder}

How do you configure static lib?  I need the basics, QString, QByteArray, QFile

	../qt5/configure -commercial -confirm-license \
	-release  \
	-nomake tests  \
	-nomake examples  \
	-qt-zlib -qt-libjpeg -qt-libpng \