[Interest] What don't you like about Qt?

John C. Turnbull ozemale at ozemail.com.au
Tue Oct 4 23:13:38 CEST 2016

Thiago, with all due respect, and I'm very aware of the significant contribution you personally have made to both the Qt product and the community, there is clearly a high degree of dissatisfaction with various aspects of Qt and the management of the SDLC.

Your comments may be accurate but I'm not sure they have appeased many of the disgruntled customers.

My advice (for what it's worth) would be to not ignore the swelling negativity that is building amongst paying customers and to see that there are some very genuine concerns out there that are making the task of putting food on the table more difficult than it need be for some people.

It is troubling that you say that often developers simply don't *know* how to fix bugs. That does not engender a high degree of confidence in customers who have focused their entire business strategic plans on such a product.

Further, appearing to be somewhat dismissive of the constructive criticism regarding the absence of Agile methodologies within the Qt processes and basically saying "that's the way it is", again, may not be seen as helpful by some customers.

You know the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Well, sadly, it *is* "broke".

And even though I personally don't know how, its way past time to "fix it".