[Interest] Compiling QtCreator on top of Qt5.8

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Oct 7 15:23:04 CEST 2016

Em sexta-feira, 7 de outubro de 2016, às 09:22:02 CEST, Dennis Lange escreveu:
> Thanks for your replies! I found out what is going wrong.
>
> Qt's Wiki page https://wiki.qt.io/Building_Qt_5_from_Git is missing that
> you need to init-repository with --branch parameter because dev is older
> than 5.8. For everyone who is new to Qt's git repository this will cause
> serious compiling trouble and surely raise traffic on Qt's repository
> server.

dev is not older than 5.8, but it may be missing the last week of commits into
the 5.8 branch, just as 5.8 may be missing the last week of 5.7 and 5.7 the
last week of 5.6. It just takes time for the changes to propagate through
merges from one branch to the next one.

> Wiki pages should also reflect that it is better to compile Qt outside
> of it's git directory.

No, they shouldn't. Using the default is fine.

By the way, the current default should be 5.7, since it's the current stable.
After the beta, we'll switch to 5.8.