[Interest] ios now wants NSCameraUsageDescription

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Mon Oct 10 06:50:34 CEST 2016

Hi,

Something has changed recently I suppose with iOS 10 and I cannot submit
a new release of my app to apple store anymore.

It says:
This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage
description. The app's Info.plist must contain an
NSCameraUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user
how the app uses this data.

The problem is that the app doesn't use Camera at all. I do link against
QMultimedia just to be able to play some sound files, but I do not
access the camera, never.

Apart from putting something like "Despite what Apple thinks, I don't
access your camera", is there a way to avoid that?

Thanks
Philippe Lelong