[Interest] [Quick Controls 2] Best way to add binding arrow tip to Popup?

Shawn Rutledge Shawn.Rutledge at qt.io
Mon Oct 10 09:41:32 CEST 2016

You can add two rotated rectangles, one underneath for the border, and one (on top) for the fill, to cover up the edge of the main rectangle.  Next you will want a drop shadow, then you need a couple more Rectangles (or something from GraphicalEffects) underneath.

This is a good illustration of why we've always needed support for arbitrary shapes in QtQuick.  We’ll have them eventually…

Meanwhile you can use Canvas (draw the shape) or BorderImage (pull edge, corner and center pieces from an image and assemble them into a resizable balloon).