[Interest] FUD around licensing (From What don't you like about Qt?)

Carel Combrink carel.combrink at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 11:22:40 CEST 2016

Hi All,

Out of interest, to show how big the actual issue is on the licensing and
the confusing website (my opinion but I am definitely not the only one).

The CppCon2016 video from Giuseppe D'Angelo on
“Introducing Qt Creator: a fast IDE for C++ development"
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTyRskMrp0k>

The very first comment on the youtube video:
*"The latest versions do not seem to be free*" - iddn

I really hope the free edition of such a great tool can be moved out of the
clutter about the licensing.

This was rather sad for me to see.
My 2c.
Carel