[Interest] Deployment Target for Qt-5.6.2 Built at Mac-OS-10.12 with C++-11

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:26:02 CEST 2016

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> On terça-feira, 11 de outubro de 2016 08:43:23 CEST Robert Iakobashvili wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Configuring Qt-5.6.2 at the recent Mac 10.12
>> with C++-11 built versus SDK-12 as:
>
> Why are you downgrading to C++11? Are there any problems with the newer
> versions? If so, we should know so we can fix them.

No issues, it works.

>> Qt in its turn sets 10.7 as the minimal deployment target.
>>
>> The question is at which minimal deployment target it will work?
>> 10.7?
>> 10.8?
>> 10.9?
>
> Qt 5.6 still supports 10.7.
>
> --

The question is if Apple supports it with libc++?

Here's the exact warning when building with -no-c++11 flag:

"clang: warning: libstdc++ is deprecated; move to libc++ with a minimum
deployment target of OS X 10.9"

And libc++.dylib was available at 10.7 - sort of contradiction.

My problem is that I do not have a 10.7 or 10.8 targets.

Dear, Thiago, - Thank you for your comments.

Kind regards,
Robert